Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in DrupalDefaultEntityController->load() (line 175 of /home/mbcetac/public_html/includes/entity.inc).
News and Events
Submitted by webmaster on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 18:31
NPTEL Local Chapter
A local chapter of NPTEL has been started at MBCET from the month of January 2017. Ms. Ruby Maria Syriac, Asst Professor from Mechanical Engg Department has been assigned as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the chapter.
Dr. K. Muraleedharan Nair and Ms. Nidhi M. B. were felicitated by His Beatitude Moran Mor Baselios Cardinal Cleemis, Major Archbishop-Catholicos of the Malankara Catholic Church, for remarkable achievements in Academics, during the Family Meet held in College on January 5, 2017.
Mr. Rupesh S. has successfully defended his Ph. D. final presentation in August 2017 and the examination board has recommended for the award of the Ph.D. degree.
Research centre - National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Topic- “Theoretical prediction of behaviour of steam injected air Gasification of Biomass” under the guidance of Dr. C. Muraleedharan and Dr. Arun P., NIT Calicut.
ISTE chapter of Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology (chapter No-KE-083) is inaugurated on 14th November 2016 by Smt. Nidhi M. B. (Assistant Professor Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology and National Executive council member ISTE). The inaugural function followed a sessions, by Smt. Nidhi M .B on Active learning.
* The students of second semester Mechanical Dept conducted a project exhibition as part of their curriculum in Design and Engineering. The project exhibition gave the student platform to identify innovative minds and enhance their team building and leadership skills.
* Final year students of the department Abraham Santhosh, Abhimanu S, Vigeesh Oommen and Muhammed Suroor has won first prize for the national level project competition conducted by DR APJ Abdul Kalam Innovation Ecosystem a csr initiative of Sairam institutions. The project named “Design and Development of Physiotherapic aid for paraplegic patients” was awarded under Manufacturing & Technology division. The project was chosen after screening of around 1500 other projects. The award consist of Rs 1lakh cash prize certificate and medal. The project was guided by Asst. Prof Rajesh TN.
* Final year students of the department S Vishnu Prasad, Balu G, Gopal Krishna V presented paper at 1st International and 18thISME Conference, ISME18 February23rd – 25th, 2017, NIT Warangal, Warangal on “INVESTIGATION ON FLOW INDUCED OSCILLATIONS WHEN LOW-HIGH SPEED FLOW PAST A ROUND CAVITY”. Guided by -Dr. K Muraleedharan Nair
* The paper “FLOW INDUCED OSCILLATIONS WHEN HIGH SPEED FLOW PAST A ROUND CAVITY” by final year students of the department S Vishnu Prasad, Balu G, Gopal Krishna V, abstract accepted at ASCHT 2017: Asian Symposium on Computational Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India, December 10-13, 2017 guided by-- Dr. K Muraleedharan Nair.
* The paper “INVESTIGATION OF LOW-HIGH SPEED COMPRESSIBLE FLOW OVER A ROUND CAVITY” by final year students of the department S Vishnu Prasad, Balu G, Gopal Krishna V, abstract accepted at ASCHT 2017: Asian Symposium on Computational Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India, December 10-13, 2017 guided by-- Dr. K Muraleedharan Nair.
* COPYRIGHT TRANSMITTAL/RELEASE FORM was requested on the ISME Paper presented at 1st International and 18thISME Conference, ISME18 February23rd – 25th, 2017, NIT Warangal, Warangal on “INVESTIGATION ON FLOW INDUCED OSCILLATIONS WHEN LOW-HIGH SPEED FLOW PAST A ROUND CAVITY” by -- Dr. K Muraleedharan Nair, S Vishnu Prasad, Balu Gopal Krishna V by CRC Press, to bring out a special edition.
* Final year students of the department Ajmal M, Akhil J Mohan, Aswin M, Deepus S R and Ribin Das M R presented the paper titled “EXPERIMENTAL AND NUMERICAL STUDY OF HEAT DISSIPATION FROM ELECTRONIC COMPONENT IN A CLOSED ENCLOSURE” at 1stInternational and 18th National, Indian Society for Mechanical Engineers (ISME) Conference held at NIT Warangal on 23-25 Feb 2017. Guided by Asst Prof. Bobin Saji George.
* Final year students of the department Ajmal M, Akhil J Mohan, Aswin M, Deepus S R and Ribin Das M R paper titled “EXPERIMENTAL AND NUMERICAL STUDY OF HEAT DISSIPATION FROM ELECTRONIC COMPONENT IN A CLOSED ENCLOSURE” Abstract accepted at 24th National and 2nd International ISHMT-ASTFE Heat and Mass Transfer Conference (IHMTC 2017), 27-30 December 2017. Guided by Asst Prof. Bobin Saji George.
* Final year students of the department Ajmal M, Akhil J Mohan, Aswin M, Deepus S R and Ribin Das M R paper titled “EXPERIMENTAL AND NUMERICAL STUDY OF HEAT DISSIPATION FROM ELECTRONIC COMPONENT IN A CLOSED ENCLOSURE”Abstract accepted at the 6th Asian Symposium of Computational Heat Transfer 2017 (ASCHT-17), IIT Madras, 10-13 December 2017. Guided by Asst Prof. Bobin Saji George
* Govind S Kumar and Thomas V Alex final year students of the department secured first prize for the paper “Productivity enhancement of solar still” at the paper presentation event “Technovate” organized by college of Engineering Trivandrum.
* Arjun KS final year student of the department won the prestigious “Kalaprathibha pattom” of the 39th Kerala University youth festival held from 27th to 31st March 2017 at 9 venues in the city.
* A lecture programme was arranged on the 14th February 2017 at Visvesvaraya Hall between 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM. Sri. A. M. Narayanan, Head, Energy Efficiency Department, Energy Management Centre (Kerala), Sreekaryam, Trivandrum and
* As an Initiative of department placement cell Sri. B. S. Warrier conducted a class on career guidance and related subjects on 13th February 2017 at the Visvesvaraya Hall from 09.30 AM to 12.30 PM.
* A training talk on NDT was conducted for the fourth year students by INDUSCAN, Nilambur in February 2017.
* A software training talk was conducted for the fourth year students by BIM SOFT in February 2017 to introduce the software packages in mechanical electrical plumbing.
* Abraham Santhosh, Vigeesh Oommen, Muhammed Suroor, Abhimanyu S of final year Mechanical has won the 3rd prize for the topic “Design and Development of Physiotherapic aid for paraplegic patients” in Project Idea presentation competition YAJNA conducted by the Aeronautical Society of India, Trivandrum chapter on January 28,2017.
* Dr. K. Muraleedharan Nair and Ms. Nidhi M. B. were felicitated by His Beatitude Moran Mor Baselios Cardinal Cleemis, Major Archbishop-Catholicos of the Malankara Catholic Church, for remarkable achievements in Academics, during the Family Meet held in College on January 5, 2017.
* An orientation talk was conducted by EDWISE for the fourth year students in January 2017 to motivate the students for their higher studies in foreign university
* A local chapter of NPTEL has been started at MBCET from the month of January 2017. Ms. Ruby Maria Syriac, Asst Professor from Mechanical Engg Department has been assigned as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the chapter.
* A training talk was conducted by SCORE in January 2017 for the third year and fourth year students to introduce the current job vacancies in the area of Quality Control.
* Mahindra Tech conducted a training program on IC Engines assembly in November 2016 for the second year students.
* Mr. Emmanuel Ruben Gilbert, M.Tech student (2014-2016 Batch) secured the First Rank in Kerala University in M.Tech – Machine Design 2016.
* Ms. Nidhi M. B. has won the IIIE special award, in recognition for her substantial contribution and promotion of Industrial Engineering as a professional at Chapter level and National level. The award was presented during the valedictory function of IIIE 58th National Convention held at Nagpur on 22nd October 2016.
* A talk on Naval Architecture and ship building was conducted by Mr. Ajit Abraham, Chief Engineer, Seaspan Shipping Company Ltd, Merchant Navy in October 2016 for final year students
* ISTE MBCET Chapter has conducted a two day workshop on Robotics, in association with IEDC &AUTOMATA on Aug 20-21, 2016.
* Dr. K. Muraleedharan Nair functioned as chair for technical session, Propulsion Engineering stream, 17th National Conference on Technological Trends during 19-20 at College of Engineering, Trivandrum, August 2016.
* A talk was arranged by AUTOMATA& ISTE-MBCET chapter on 17th August 2016, by Dr. P. Kusumakumari, M.D, Professor & Head of Dept., Paediatric Oncology on Life Style Diseases.
* HLL Life Care Limited celebrated Technlogy day on May 11 2016. Ms Nidhi M B, APME & A/HoD was a special invitee from MBCET. On the event Quiz team from MBCET won the first prize receiving Rs 3000/- and certificates. The team includes: from S3ME1 Rejoy James,James Joy Poopady, Abhijith R.V,Adithya V.N.
* Eight semester B.Tech degree students of the department of Mechanical Engineering - Salman Nizarudin (leader), Rohit Anoop Choodan, Anwin Mathai, Gokul J, Aaron Haris Pereira has secured first positon in ALL IEEE YOUNG ENGINEERS HUMANITARIAN CHALLENGE 2015 (AIYEHUM 2015). Runner up positions to projects from Singapore and China. The project is guided by Prof. Deepak B.
This event was organised by IEEE R10 Asia-Pacific by inviting projects internationally.The competition aimed to inspire young scientists and engineers to become socially responsible through developing cost effective and solutions for community problems saw through 150 projects from 7 countries. Based on the projects’ impact on humanity, innovativeness and sustainability, a panel of judges shortlisted 20 projects from which our team topped the event.
The project addresses a solution for the dire problem that Kerala is facing now: Plastic waste disposal. The project being ecofriendly and cost effective is very much adaptable to the lifestyle of Kerala and is expected to bring back Kerala to its former glory.
* M.Tech student Emmanuel Ruben Gilbert of first year M.Tech Machine Design (2015-17 Batch) has secured the highest CGPA (9.57) for the first semester M.Tech Degree university exams.
1. Cast iron Recycling Unit: A cast iron recycling cum production unit has been established at the Mechanical Engineering Workshop, MBCET on 21 August 2015 by the Department of Mechanical Engineering. The unit aims at recycling the scrap cast iron generated inside the campus. It can stand as a production unit by producing the castings required for the Mechanical Department and can also support student projects with the additional cast iron scrap purchased from outside. 2. Department has conducted a Short Term Training Program on RECENT ADVANCES IN MECHANICS sponsored by ISTE[Kerala Section] from 8th June 2015 to 12th June 2015. 3. Department has conducted a Short Term Training Programme on “Fundamentals of Hydraulic Machines & Heat Engines Lab” from 2nd June to 6th June 2015. 4. Department in association with PIC-Kerala/ KSCSTE organised one day workshop on Intellectual property rights and patenting procedure on 9th January 2015. 5. Department of Mechanical Engineering of Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology has organized its first ever national conference titled Futuristic Technologies In Mechanical Engineering on 22 and 23 August 2014. In eleven technical sessions under five different tracks titled Machine Design, Computer Aided Design, Thermal Science, Production Engineering and Metallurgy and Material Science held over the two days, 48 papers were presented at the conference. The conference was inaugurated by the Chief Guest at the inaugural function, Dr.K.Sivan, Director, LPSC on 22nd morning. In his inaugural address, he lauded the importance of technologies and the inceptions an engineer should have in the development of every country.
Mr. Pradeep M. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering has taken charge as Head of Mechanical Engineering Department.
Ms. Nidhi M. B. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering has taken charge as Assistant - Head of Mechanical Engineering Department.
Dr. K. J. Sreekanth, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering has joined Kuwait University as a Post-Doctoral Fellow. He is working on the idea “Modelling Urban Sustainability- Energy, Daylight and Walkability”, which is a joint program with MIT for building a new neighborhood with energy efficient technologies.
Mr. Nirmal M. S., has won the APJ Abdul Kalam Best scientific paper award at the International conference on Research in Engineering and Technology-2017 Conducted by Institute of Engineers on the Topic: Analysis of biogas combustion inside Porous radiant burner on July 15th 2017 at Trivandrum, Kerala.
Ms. Nidhi M. B. has won the IIIE special award, in recognition for her substantial contribution and promotion of Industrial Engineering as a professional at Chapter level and National level.The award was presented during the valedictory function of IIIE 58th National Convention held at Nagpur on 22nd October 2016.
Ms. Nidhi M. B is elected as National Executive council member for ISTE New Delhi from ISTE Kerala section.
Mr. Sujith S. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering secured the First Rank in Kerala University in M.Tech – Machine Design 2014.
Mr. Deepak B.S. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and former M.Tech Machine Design student of the department secured second rank in M.Tech – Machine Design, 2014.
Mrs. Nidhi M. B. Assistant Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering and National Executive council member ISTE has inaugurated ISTE chapter of Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology (chapter No-KE-083) on 14th November 2016 The inaugural function followed a sessions, by Smt. Nidhi M .B on Active learning.
Ms. Nidhi, M. B. Assistant Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering has inaugurated the FDP on "Research Communication" at Believers Church, Carmel Engineering College, Pathanamthitta, held from 27-28 July 2016. She delivered the key note address and conducted a session on Open source Software Tools Used for Research.
Ms. Nidhi, M. B., Assistant Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering delivered a session on "Role of Professional Bodies in technical Education", at Mohandas College of Engineering & Technology at STTP sponsored by Indian Society for Technical Education – Faculty Induction programme, ISTE-MCET Chapter from 27/6/2016 to 2/7/2016.
Mrs. Nidhi M.B Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering delivered the keynote address on the occasion of Chapter Inauguration at Trinity College of Engineering, Trivandrum on January 10, 2015.
Ms. Nidhi. M. B. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering gave the felicitation on the occasion Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Trivandrum, Chapter inauguration on January 7, 2015.
Mr. Remil George Thomas and Mr. Unnikrishnan G. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering delivered talk at the workshop on “Outcome based Education”
The first edition of Mechanical Engineering Students Association newsletter was formally released on 8th June 2015.
Mr. Vivek .S.A of final year M.Tech(Machine Design) has bagged a patent for his invention 'RGM-Reciprocating Gear Mechanism, under the guidance of Ms. Ruby Maria Syriac, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering Patent Details: Patent No. 531/CHE/2015 A Description: Reciprocating gear mechanism is capable of converting reciprocating to rotary motion and vice versa. This is advanced form of rack and pinion mechanism. A peculiar type of gear is used for conversion and this will give more efficiency than the existing slider crank mechanism. This can be applied as an alternate for withworth quick return mechanism.
Dean B George of S8 ME1 represented INDIA at the International Student Leadership Training Conference held at Tampa, Florida, USA by ASME in November 2017.
HarikrishnanJayan Menon of S8 Mechanical won the Third place (cash prize $200) for the topic “Cardiovascular Fluid Mechanics” at the Old Guard Oral Presentation Competition held at ASME EFEST for ASIA- PACIFIC region organised at Delhi Technological University, New Delhi, INDIAin the month of March (16th -18th), 2018. Participants :HarikrishnanJayan Menon, Bharath Lal L, Edwin Denis Joseph.
Mr. Arjun Subramonian of S6 ME2 secured first prize in Indian Classical Dance (Event-Kathakali) in the 33rd All India Inter University Youth festival held at Ranchi, Jharkhand in February 2018.
Mr. Naveen George Koshy of S6 ME1 secured first position in English essay writing and third position in English elocution competition held on 30th October 2017 as part of Vigilance awareness week Programme 2017, organized by Union Bank of India and Aksharakkoottam, the creative writing club of Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology Trivandrum.
Mr. Ajith Kumar S J of S6 ME1 secured first position in Ethic Walk, in cultural program held at Bishop Chulaparambil Memorial College Kottayam, held in February 2018.
Mr. Jibin Joy of S4 ME1 secured second place in FIFA tournament held in College of Engineering, Trivandrum held in November 2017.
Mr. Aneesh Raj S, Mr. A S Dhanush Tee Yee and Mr. Alan B George S8 ME, had been part of the team that won Championship in Kerala University Net Ball Tournament held in February 2018.
Mr. Adarsh M P of S8 ME2 had participated in National Level Squash Tournament held in November 2017.
Mr. Pran P. of S2 ME2 was the winner of Trivandrum District Squash Championship and State Squash Championship. He represented Kerala State in Junior National Championship held in Ajmer, Rajasthan and was Champion there also.
Mr. Prapanch P. Reji, Mr. Joel Kurian S2 ME1, had been part of the team that won Championship in KTU Net Ball Tournament held in February 2018.
Mr. Georgy Thomas, Mr. Aron Thomas and Mr. Nigel of S6 ME represented MBCET for KTU Basketball Tournaments in district and state levels and were the champions.
Mr. Abraham Santhosh, Mr. Vigeesh Oommen, Mr. Muhammed Suroor, Mr. Abhimanyu S. and Mr. Deepak Kumar, of Mechanical branch have won 1st place in APJ Abdul Kamal Innovation Award (Rs 1 Lakh), a National Level Project competition, in the Category of Manufacturing and Technology. The Exhibition wasorganised by ICT Academy, hosted by Sai Ram Institutions at Chennai in April 2017. Their Project guide is Mr. Rajesh T. N., Asst Professor in Mechanical Engg Dept, MBCET.
Mr. Harikrishnan Jayan Menon has attended a 4 week course on Oil and Gas Operations and Markets, from Duke University, USA securing 97.2% (Domicile Rank -2nd )
Mr. Dean B. George, Mr. Govind S. Syam, Mr. Abhijith S. B., Mr. Gautham Rajeev, final year mechanical students have participated in “Impromptu Design Challenge” – ASME E-fest- Asia Pacific, Jaipur 2017.
Mr. Harikrishnan Jayan Menon, Mr. Govind S. Syam has attended an 8 week online course for Project Management (certified) - IIT Kanpur.
Mr. Abhijith Vijayan of S7 Mechanical is chosen as the best player in the 43rd UC college basket ball tournament.