Department of Electronics and Communication has been organizing several academic activities under the leadership of Dr. Sakuntala S. Pillai, Head of the Department. In addition to the regular academic activities the department actively organizes and participates in conferences, workshops and seminars. The department also regularly organizes invited talks by eminent personalities from R&D organizations and industry. The staff and students are encouraged to present papers at various colleges and many have won prizes in the face of stiff competitions.
Staffs of our department are members of organizations like IEEE, ISTE. Department has been organizing events under this organizations.
Research activities by the Faculty
Faculty of Department of Electronics and Communication Department has been involved in research activities. Dr Sakuntala S. Pillai, HoD of the department has been guiding a number of students in their research work in the area of Communication as below:
1) Dr Jayakumari J.(“Study of OFDM Systems Using Partial Response Coding in Fading Channels”) : Awarded Ph.D. by University of Kerala.
2) Sri. Gopalakrishna Sarma(“Study of Blind Multiuser CDMA Receiver using Neural Networks”) : Thesis under evaluation
3) Susan R. J.(“Coded Spread Spectrum Receiver for Multipath channels”), Sreelatha P.(“Studies on the application of Spread Spectrum Technique in the area of Satellite Communication”) and Deepa Vijayaraghavan(“Study of Fading Channels in Mobile Communication using Spread Spectrum Technique”) : Doctoral research work in progress
1) Indu C, Susan R.J and Sakunthala S Pillai, “Pilot Assisted Single Carrier FDE for Multiple Data Rate Transmission in Multipath Fading Channels”, International Conference on Modeling and Simulation (MS09) India 1-3 Dec 2009
2) Susan R.J,Anusha U.S and Sakunthala S Pillai,”Transmitter Aided Pre-equalization for Down link Channel of CDMA Systems”,10th National Conference on Technological Trends, NCTT 2009,CET,Trivandrum,pp.273-276, Nov.06-07,2009
3) Susan R.J, Indu C and Sakunthala S Pillai, “Implementation of Single Carrier-FDE for Multiple Rate Transmission”,10th National Conference on Technological Trends,NCTT 2009,CET,Trivandrum,pp.252-256, Nov.06-07,2009
Works related with accreditation is going on in a rapid pace. Department is now strictly following the norms and procedures of NBA. Emphasis is being given on faculty qualification improvement, involvement of faculties in R&D activities, documentation activities such as course files.
Department has been striving continuously to establish linkages with industry. Experts from industry are invited for giving talks on recent advances in technology. Students are allowed to undertake project works out sourced from industry and seek guidance from well established R&D departments for in-house project developments. Industry experts are also actively involved during various technical activities related to organizing conferences, workshops etc. Tie up has been made with Tata-Elxsi for final year students and a project was completed successfully.